GIR Technology - Executive Director - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 18 Aug 17
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Application Opening Date: 09 August 2017
Application Closing Date: 05 September 2017
The Goldman Sachs Investment Research (GIR) division is undergoing a digital transformation. You'll join the team as we embark on the next phase of this exciting project, with a strong emphasis on interactive HTML5 media, analytics and multi-channel content distribution. Many greenfield opportunities await the successful candidate which will be built upon a proven foundation.
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
GIR at Goldman Sachs is one of the largest publishers of Research content in the world. Harnessing cutting edge technology we ensure our business is serviced by industry defining software tailored to their needs. Being current and commercial in our content provision and with our bespoke web platform we are breaking new ground as pioneers in the Digital content domain.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
As a software engineer, you will be responsible for being part of a team building a green field web platform. There are opportunities for the successful candidate to work on a diverse set of Technology platforms and find where their interests lie.
We sit with our business users and are exposed, daily, to their thought processes, allowing us to apply relevant technology solutions to the problems they face.
Responsibilities may also include:
- Working directly with people across different divisions
- Gaining opportunity to learn about the business while working with a talented group of individuals
- Benefiting from ongoing training, development and mentoring programs within the firm
- Supporting the business on day to day issues
- Analysing and defining requirements to challenging business problems
- Formulating and developing innovative and fault-tolerant technical solutions while helping to deliver them in a timely manner to meet frequently tight business deadlines
- Enhancing current systems to meet the growing business volumes and demands
- Monitoring performance and failure rates to recommend and engineering cost-effective solutions where needed
- Having exposure to all stages of the software development cycle with a range of technologies ( standard and proprietary ) including SecDB, a state-of-the-art object-oriented database
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Master's level or equivalent in Technology, Engineering, Computer science or a related discipline
- Demonstrable commercial experience required
- Strong development experience with Java required
- Demonstrable familiarity with Web Technologies - XML/HTML/JSON required
- Must have familiarity with QA, design patterns, automation/automation frameworks and testing
- Ability to quickly pick up new skills and a willingness to jump between different technology stacks required
- Must have willingness to collaborate with business partners to understand and implement their requirements
- Knowledge of REST, C++, C#, Python, Ruby required
- Collaborative approach and clear communication skills required
- Must have a strong analytical and problem solving mind-set
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies required
- Experience working in a global team
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.