- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 09 Aug 17
MiFID II Non Functional Test Lead
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Background
The Lead Performance Engineer work can be broken into several phases:
* Manage Stakeholder engagements, expectation management and communications
* Resource planning, allocation and escalation
* Review of product design and architecture
* Performance investigation of known issue through both static and analytical analysis
* Performance improvement guidance on both architectural and code levels
Successful candidate should be innovative and flexible about translating high-level business goals into specific tasks, capable and comfortable communicating with stakeholders across all domains from Product/Business through to Operations, from Test Analysts to MDs.
You should be comfortable taking initiative and working in a fast-paced environment with various product development teams.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Performance engineering analysis across multiple products across multiple software stacks:
* Various databases
* Cloud - covering both PaaS and IaaS
* Enterprise & application
* Enterprise Linux, Windows and Mainframe
* Virtualization technologies
Performance engineering work includes tasks such as:
* Deep-dive performance analysis with innovative solutions
* Static code analysis
* Workload/benchmark development and characterization
* Presentation of performance changes and engagement with development teams across the company
* Development of best-practice guides
* Assist product development life-cycle through performance improvement evaluation
* Maintain a professional relationship with all relevant stakeholders and team members
* Communicate promptly the correct tone, focus, content and transparency appropriate to the audience domain and level, including presentations, reports, emails, phone etc.
* Manage expectations
* Plan, manage and forecast resources, escalating as appropriate
* Team leadership
Qualifications and Skills
* BS/MS degree (or higher) in computer science or electrical engineering with 5+ years of working experience
* Experience in performance engineering is a must
* Experience in databases and JVM is a must
* Experience in working with UNIX environments is a must
* Knowledge in virtualization technologies is a plus
* Experience in developing operating system code is a plus
* Experience in processors, server and storage technology is a plus
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly
* Strong analytical/problem solving skills
* Ability to work efficiently and drive project deliveries
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
* Build, lead, mentor and manage a team of experienced Performance Engineers.
* Be a representative of the Non-Functional Testing discipline to your Stakeholders and the wider organisation.
* Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
* As leader of the team, you will contribute to defining and developing bank-wide best practice for developing software with performance built in, drawing on your team's expertise
* Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.