- Temporary, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 06 Aug 17
ETD and OTC Clearing Associate (6 month direct contract)
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Job Purpose
As part of a friendly team of 7 in Singapore Derivatives Clearing Operations (DCO) you will be supporting the daily operational processing of our derivatives clearing business involving:
- Transaction management and exception resolution.
- Monitoring and meeting margin and settlement calls with prompt and accurate payments to our Central Counter Parties (CCPs) and Brokers.
- And performing daily reconciliations to ensure all breaks are resolved in a timely manner.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform intraday Exchange Traded Derivatives (ETD) trade matching and T+1 CCP & ETD reconciliations
- Ensure timely completion of reconciliations, and prompt delivery of daily trade breaks reports,
- Ensure all CCP & ETD funding for margin calls are met within the stipulated timelines,
- Perform day to day processing of CCP derivatives transactions which includes timely cash and security collateral transfers, settlement, and accounting,
- Ensure correct end to end trade booking in various systems, and reconciliations of the lifecycle events such as Options assignment / exercise / abandonment and corporate actions
- Participate in the validation of new contract setups, and assist with the testing and release of new product initiatives.
- Provide complete and accurate Management Information Systems (MIS) on a timely basis,
- Adhere to processes and procedures as stated in the Documented Operating Instructions (DOIs)
- Participate in exchange mandated Default Management fire drills or an actual default event
- Interact with CCPs on a regular basis and be updated with latest product launch or development,
- Interact with the business, IT, and management to help improve the existing processes and controls.
- Be prepared to learn new ideas and skills!
Qualifications and Skills
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in operational role, ideally in ETD and/or CCP.
- Possess good knowledge of trade management / reconciliations / margin settlements.
- Possess excellent communication skills and relationship building qualities.
- Familiarity with Clearvision and UBIX will be an advantage.
- Be open minded and able to share information, knowledge, and expertise with team members.
- Experience in managing system outages and follow-up actions from Operations perspective.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 30/09/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.