Senior Java Software Engineer – Prime Services Technology / Equity Finance – Associate
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Aug 17
Looking for Strong Java Software Engineer for Prime Services / Equity Finance Tech
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. and J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ www.jpmorganchase.com
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With nearly $20 trillion of assets under custody, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The JP Morgan Prime Services and Equity Finance Technology group is aligned within the Equities Technology organization, responsible for end-to-end technology solutions across Synthetics and Cash Prime Brokerage, Securities Lending, Agency Lending, and Fixed Income Repo businesses. This business area has experienced double-digit growth with the momentum expected to continue as the business continues to rapidly expand. Significant investment has been committed to expand our technology capabilities with a target to develop J.P. Morgan into an industry leader within the region. This is an opportunity to join a talented group of technologists in a high-octane environment focused on providing you with all the tools you need to succeed.
The JP Morgan Prime Services and Equity Finance Technology group is looking to hire a highly skilled, motivated, and collaborative Java Developer in Hong Kong. You will be a valued member of our front office trading technology development team, responsible for our strategic global application stack which includes trader dashboards, stock availability and allocation systems, client connectivity portals, and our swaps booking system. You will be expected to work closely with the business, our partner technology teams, and quantitative research with exposure to strategic firm-wide Equity and Fixed Income platforms. Excellent communication/collaboration skills with a good analytical and creative mind are essential for this role.
The wider technology team is spread across multiple locations and employ various technologies therefore you will be expected to adapt to ensure collaboration and innovation are at the forefront of problem solving solutions. The environment is dynamic and fast changing so an agile approach to development is required.
- Work closely with Equity Finance traders, Product Development, Quantitative Research and global technology teams.
- Define, design and implement parts of the core trading application that meets both our business and architectural requirements.
- Take ownership of projects from requirements through to production support.
- Collaborate with developers in other teams and locations to ensure seamless integration of services across the system.
- Enforce discipline across the software development lifecycle including test driven development.
- Strong, hands-on Java development skills: Spring, unit testing, MQ, CXF, Lambda/Scala, threading, Maven, design patterns.
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle and NoSQL databases.
- Able to communicate equally effectively with front office, middle office, and developers.
- Pragmatic and understand the need to balance effective solutions with business needs and delivery timelines.
- Ability to follow an agile/test-driven development process.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, coupled with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, desire to work as part of a global agile team.
- Demonstrate an eagerness to learn, share, and collaborate with a positive can-do attitude.
- Business knowledge in securities lending and Equity Finance.
- Experience in big data processing, such as Spark/Cassandra/GemFire.
- Understanding of OData, WebSocket, FIX protocol.
- GUI Implementation using C#/WPF/Prism/AngularJS.
- Experience in shell scripting and Python.
- A proactive team player with the ability to work in dynamic environments.
- Willing to keep abreast, learn and apply new technologies.
J.P. Morgan is a place for talented people from all backgrounds and perspectives because our clients come from all backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage a culture of inclusion, where everyone's opinion counts and all employees have the freedom to deliver their absolute best. This is why we work hard and invest in attracting and developing a diverse workforce. http://careers.jpmorgan.com/careers/why-us/diversity Learn more about our Business Resource Groups in how they help our employees build successful careers and reach their greatest potential.