Overnight Operations Systems Engineer (UNIX)
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo Bank
- 21 Aug 17
Check this out, UNIX position!
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
- Provides technical consultation and support associated with operating systems
- Provides complex analysis of systems software and hardware requirements to determine operating systems specifications and customizations
- May design sub systems and system integrations
- Provides the strategy and design to build a utility for systems programming tasks required for installations, configurations, upgrades and testing
- Develops new documentation, participates in the development of departmental technical procedures and designs user support guides.
- Consults with management and recommends process and procedure improvements Escalation point for operating system support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction to less experienced staff in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems.
- Leads projects, including assignment of tasks, and provides direction and guidance to less experienced staff.
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees updating and testing of the business continuation plan.
- University degree in Information Technology or related discipline
- Experience of more than 5 years in operating systems analysis/engineering
- Experience of more than 3 years in web systems environments which includes web application
- Experience in installations, upgrades, and deployment as well as any servers/ systems that support/ host web applications
- Experience of more than 3 years with and or troubleshooting load balancing
- Experience of more than 5 years with complex routing scenarios
- Working hours: 11 pm – 8 am
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Please submit your application online via our website at https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/international/ by entering the Requisition ID 18851BR for job search.
Search International Jobs > Continue > Search Openings (Type the Requisition ID 18851BR in the Auto req ID box) > Search
Applications received will be kept confidential and used for employment purposes only. Applicants who are not contacted within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. The Bank will retain their applications for a maximum of one year and may refer suitable applicants to other vacancies within the Bank.