Global Markets FX Application Support Analyst, Officer
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- State Street
- 16 Aug 17
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and prohibits discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of any legally protected characteristics.
The Global Markets Technology Organization is responsible for the development, delivery and technical support of technology solutions for the Foreign Exchange, (Custody FX, FX Sales Trading, Electronic FX, and FX Operations), Equities Trading and Securities Lending business lines. By partnering with business stakeholders to articulate business needs, we work to translate these needs into value-creating technology solutions using such key platforms and applications such as Wall Street Systems, Fidessa, Global One, and other vended and in-house developed platforms servicing each asset class.
Global Markets is seeking a technical operations analyst with working knowledge of the FX platforms/environments to support our technical operation functions in our Foreign Exchange production, UAT and disaster recovery environments. Reporting directly to the Head of IT Operations APAC, this person will be responsible for performing technical operations support functions for the Global Markets business areas covering front office through to back office trading life cycle. They will be expected to proactively work through and coordinate diverse support incidents and problem solving efforts, linking with engineering, quality assurance, outsourcing partners and business units team members.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the following:
- The proper functioning of industry leading FX Global Trading Applications/platforms and downstream systems.
- Monitoring, problem detection and resolution
- Provide on-going communication for our clients and stakeholders on any critical issues related to the FX and other business areas.
- Proactively build/acquire tools to assist in the maintenance of the environments
- Performance optimization for the total system
- Business Continuity
- Working with other technologists, providing subject matter expertise in analyzing/addressing complex systems components and processes
- Champion technical innovation and help set directions in evaluating and leveraging technology and industry best practices
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including documentation
- Experience supporting large scale, 24/7, real time mission critical systems
- Knowledge of Foreign Exchange and / or Equities business process flows.
- Background in Application Support
- Vendor and Partner Management
- Release / Change Management practices
- Basic knowledge of Oracle and SQL
- Knowledge of UNIX and Windows and ability to create and maintain system environments.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP in an enterprise environment.
- Working knowledge of Middleware (MQ Series, etc.), and J2EE applications