AVP - Research Writer
- Through a combination of coaching, scoring, editing and writing, the research writer will:
- Improve the quality of research as measured by Moody's metrics (5 pillars)
- Improve analysts' compliance with our research principles, guidelines, CMS workflow, and controls
- Improve the research writing skills of the analysts
- Encourage and propose research ideas
- Contribute to meeting research volume targets and drive contributions to MCO
- Improve the research process
- Foster partnerships with the analysts and their teams
- Shape and/or review the outline of research in line with the Moody's established framework
- In partnership with the author express the thesis and support the author throughout the authoring process; drives the editing process
- Prepare drafts in partnership with author
- Propose research ideas
- Build strong partnerships with analysts and managers; proactive in developing relationships
- Drive process improvements
The MIS Research Group manages research operations for MIS globally. Its research writers work closely with credit analysts, focusing on specific coverage areas such as corporates, structured finance, public, project and infrastructure finance, sovereigns, or financial institutions.
- Extensive experience in financial journalism or financial writing or financial services experience and journalism
- University degree in economics, business, finance or journalism
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent headline-writing and copy-editing skills; experience with data-driven content
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with Method is a plus
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels
- Self-starter and able to adapt to change quickly and multi task; able to meet tight deadlines
- Works well independently and in a group
- Team player with the ability to balance multiple priorities
- Highly organized, efficient and strong attention to detail
- Works well under pressure in a collaborative environment
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.