Senior Engineer - Integration
Senior Engineer - IntegrationAbout the role:
We are seeking an experienced senior technical specialist to join the Integration Services team in our Banking and Financial Services Group.
This is a pivotal role in the team, responsible for driving design and engineering practices to ensure that integration solutions are reliable, resilient, scalable and fit for purpose in our increasingly API- and Event-driven landscape.
- define the integration reference architecture for solutions in the Retail Banking technology landscape;
- provide feature teams with patterns and guidance that support design of solutions that make effective use of integration technologies;
- build a knowledge base and community of practice around technical expertise, frameworks and best practices on our chosen technologies;
- guide the teams in application of modern software engineering tools and practices in an Agile and DevOps model;
- engineering of solutions, frameworks and the supporting platforms to provide the optimal customer experience;
- foster a community of practice around the engineering of integration solutions
About you :
To be successful in this role you will be degree qualified in Computer Science or similar with significant recent application integration experience. You have a strong track record as an integration architect or technical lead. You are skilled in designing integration solutions that are fit-for-purpose, maintainable, secure and provide high-availability, scale and operability.
The successful candidate will possess a strong mix of the following attributes:
- Integration experience
- experience designing and implementing secure REST and SOAP-based APIs;
- integration patterns spanning various integration styles including SOA, EAI and Event-driven architectures;
- an understanding of modern architecture directions (Cloud, microservices, APIs, reactive programming) and how they affect application and integration architecture;
- an understanding of the governance concerns in a service-oriented architecture;
- Technology experience
- at least one commercially supported integration platform (g. webMethods, MuleSoft, RedHat Fuse etc.) is mandatory; past experience with webMethods is highly regarded.
- open-source integration frameworks (g.Apache Camel and Mule ESB);
- message-oriented middleware (e.g. Solace, Websphere MQ, ActiveMQ)
- exposure to API management solutions (e.g. Apigee and CA Layer 7) and API security patterns
- Technical Leadership and Interpersonal
- a proven ability to mentor developers of various backgrounds on good integration practice and direct them on the right detailed implementation approaches;
- willing and able to go hands-on to explore and prove critical aspects of the architecture;
- extensive stakeholder management and problem solving skills;
- an appreciation of engineering to enable Continuous Delivery and DevOps;
- experience with automated service, API testing and the associated tools;
- experience working with implementation partners in an onshore/offshore model;
- Domain knowledge
- experience in financial services or similar industries is highly desirable.
Our team culture values individuals who are bold, collaborative and empathetic with a strong commercial focus and a learning mindset.
If you are interested in this position, please apply via the following link. Alternatively to find out more about the position and to arrange a confidential discussion, please contact email@example.com
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Advertised: 17 Feb 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time