Project Manager, Corporate & Asset Finance, IFRS 9 (12 month contract)
Project Manager, Corporate & Asset Finance, IFRS 9 (12 month contract)About the Role
Due to the implementation of IFRS 9 across Macquarie, Corporate and Asset Finance (CAF) is looking for a motivated and experienced project manager to assist in the implementation of the new accounting and regulatory framework.
You will utilise your project management skills and strong stakeholder management experience to be accountable for the delivery of a range of initiatives focused on delivering IFRS 9 compliance for CAF. Some of these initiatives will be focussed on quantitative modelling and data analytics, but the role is operational rather than analytical. The role will report into the CAF IFRS 9 Program Manager.
In this role you will be required to:
- Engage with stakeholders (BAs, Quants, etc) to scope out and build a detailed project plan for all the initiatives that make up the CAF IFRS 9 project. To continually manage and maintain this project plan.
- Project manage all stages of the project lifecycle (from initiation to implementation), including
- Effectively managing budget, scope, schedule, quality, risks and issues
- Identifying and recruiting necessary additional resources where necessary
- Effective application of project governance & active engagement of stakeholders at all levels
- Identification of key project activities, business & project resource requirements and critical path issues
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders, to become an active member of the project team and to ensure effective project delivery and communications
You will have:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar business aligned Project Management role within banking or financial services.
- A proven track record of taking accountability and delivering a number of complex projects to a high quality standard & tight schedule
- An interest in working closely with colleagues to not only manage the projects but to understand and add value to what is being delivered
- Excellent written communication, verbal communication and problem solving skills
- Proven interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with stakeholders and manage expectations
- The ability to maintain a 'big picture approach' whilst retaining a detailed understanding of project deliverables
- Experience in delivering projects through geographically dispersed teams
- Possession of relevant tertiary qualification and/or Project Management Certification (PRINCE II, PMP, Agile or otherwise)
Corporate and Asset Finance Group provides innovative and traditional capital, finance and related services to clients operating in selected international markets. With offices in Australia, New Zealand, Asia, North America and Europe, Corporate and Asset Finance specialises in:
- leasing and asset finance
- tailored debt and finance solutions
- asset remarketing, sourcing and trading.
Advertised: 23 Jan 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 17 Mar 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time