PMO AnalystAbout the Role
In this role within Macquarie's Corporate Operations Group you will utilise your experience in Project Portfolio Management and be responsible for supporting a project portfolio in the Financial Management Division.
In this role you will be required to:
- Work with Corporate Operations Group and Business senior management in delivering the projects across the Finance and Reporting delivery function in line with evolving business objectives and the Technology strategic roadmap.
- Collaborate with the operations and front office account management team to ensure that appropriate frameworks, methodologies, processes and tools are used to achieve successful project delivery.
- Assist the Portfolio Manager with resource & financial tracking across the portfolio ensuring resource and financial forecasts are kept up to date.
- Collaborate with the broader business and IT teams (e.g. business teams, Business Management) to ensure project reporting is reconciled and kept up to date.
- Provide support to the Delivery Manager to ensure all department and COG reporting is actively managed.
- Identify and resolve portfolio risks and issues impacting the successful delivery of the portfolio.
- Track and report on project inter-dependencies, risks, issues, financials, and benefits realisation.
- Ensure quality standards and a high level of professionalism is maintained at all times whilst ensuring adherence to process and responsibilities, drive appropriate project management methodologies and uphold governance frameworks.
Key Skills required for this role include:
- Project Portfolio Management: Ability to manage a complex portfolio of projects delivering multiple applications and software implementations, whilst also driving a structured and robust process.
- Detailed Risk Management Planning: Ability to develop portfolio plans and highlight risk management to ensure transparency exists to support successful delivery of the portfolio as a whole.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Ability to engage and manage relationships with all levels of stakeholders across the organisation.
- Communication: Effective communication with project stakeholders at Director levels including steering groups.
You will also have:
- Experience in the banking or financial services industry.
- Preference for experience with internationally distributed delivery teams.
- Problem solving skills and a broad understanding of technology and infrastructure.
- Outcome focused with a strong sense of accountability and relationship management behaviours.
- Excellent spoken and written communications skills with strong attention to detail.
- One to three years PMO or Project Management experience.
This is a great opportunity to be involved in supporting multiple IT projects within a dynamic and fast paced environment. If you thrive in an environment of change, have an outcome driven focus and a self-starter attitude then please apply online directly.
For more information, please refer to www.macquarie.com . Any questions to Nicky Bell using: Nicky.Bell@Macquarie.com
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Advertised: 06 Feb 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time