DevOps Service Operations Analyst
DevOps Service Operations AnalystSenior Dev Ops Engineer - BFS Macquarie Wealth Management - COG Technology
About the role:
We are seeking for a Senior DevOps Engineer with strong technical skills to join the BFS Central Services team, aligned to the Wealth Management business channel. In this role you will be responsible for maintaining and improving service levels for an array of platforms in Wealth Management including trading and settlement applications (Managed funds and Equities) within the Banking and Financial Service division. This role is a great opportunity for someone with the desire to develop their skills and expertise to help formulate and drive governance in a dynamic, rewarding and leading area of Dev Ops
The ideal candidate should be passionate about technology and will be able to draw upon his/ her previous technical experiences to drive efficiencies and automation across all facets of operations. In addition, the individual must possess strong stakeholder management and communication skills as the role will require frequent interactions and service reporting with business stakeholders. Previous experience or any knowledge with trading and settlement systems will be highly regarded.
- responsible for maintaining and improving service levels across different business channels.
- overall management and communication across all areas of ITIL - incident, change and problem management
- develop relationships and build rapport with key business stakeholders. Understand problematic areas and be able to drive improvements in a well-defined and pragmatic manner.
- work closely with various scrum teams in an Enterprise Agile environment and be an advocate for continuous improvement.
- mentoring and the development of lesser experienced members within the team.
To be successful in this role you will have solid Application Support or development. Strong online infrastructure and technical knowledge in Java/J2EE and related web application server (JBoss) technology is hugely desirable. In addition, you will possess very strong SQL scripting experience using Oracle &/or Sybase and good familiarity with Unix.
- possess sound technical experience in fast paced working environments
- excellent problem solving skills - ability to quickly understand complex trading system and business rules.
- fantastic communication skills, both verbal and written. Display strong customer service focus and the ability to deliver quality support
- the ability to operate independently, to be proactive, and able to interact with stakeholders across all levels.
- work effectively within local and distributed teams
- flexibility to take on-call support and weekend work as required in an active support position
- financial markets including ideally Equities and Derivatives experience
This is an excellent opportunity to develop a career within a rapidly growing business where technology is core to its success.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly.
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Advertised: 01 Feb 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time