AVP - Financial Instituational Group
The successful candidate will play a key role in the future growth and expansion of Moody's ratings and research franchise in Australia and will enjoy high visibility, both internally and externally. He or she must be ambitious; a critical thinker; with superior presentation skills, both verbal and written .
Ratings quality: work with and challenge the analysts in Moody's financial teams to foster critical thinking; healthy skepticism ; a proactive approach to managing the credit portfolio; and updat ing processes that strengthen Moody's ratings franchise and relevance .
Market Interaction : will need to play an active role in maintaining and growing Moody's relevance in the Australian financial market. Needs to have well developed relationship management skills; a deep interest in financial market developments; and an appreciation for the varying objectives of market participants and the pressures they face.
Communication Skills : must be able to articulate persuasive, timely, insightful and relevant commentary to both internal and external stakeholders regarding credit issues; and have a strong impact on Moody's thought leadership in respect to Australia's credit markets.
Team development: must be a team player, and as part of a small team be able foster an environment that is conducive to making the team as efficient and motivated as possible.
Financial Institutional Group
- 8 + y ears' experience in an analytical, research or risk management function of an established financial institution, publishing firm or international body. This will include experience in financial markets, perhaps with a background in credit research but this role might suit individuals with strong analytical and presentation skills, with an equity research or investment banking background
- Broad familiarity with ongoing developments in the financial industry
- A solid track record in writing either for an internal or external audience
- Strong ability to articulate views orally both internally and externally including the media
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.