6 month Contract : Project Manager - Market Operations
6 month Contract : Project Manager - Market OperationsChange is a part of life at Macquarie and the Projects Team is responsible for leading and supporting change across the Market Operations Division. The team is looking for an experienced Junior Project manager to join the team in Sydney to work with local and global teams to support the successful delivery of projects. The projects cover an extremely broad range of products and systems so there is significant scope for development and learning. This is a contract role to cover maternity leave within the team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Interface with teams in Market Operations and other stakeholders to elicit and document business requirements, undertake analysis and contribute to design of end-to-end business processes
- Supporting change management activities for projects and impacted stakeholders and teams
- Working closely with technology teams to communicate and clarify requirements; ensure solutions meet the business objectives
- Work with teams in Market Operations on process improvement initiatives - to identify, analyse, prioritise and implement business process improvements; track benefits realised
- Contribute to and where required drive the user acceptance testing phases of projects.
- Support teams in Market Operations and ensure adherence to the Project governance framework
- Assist in the management of issues effectively and efficiently, provide pragmatic solutions
- Act as a conduit for managing the expectations of stakeholders on a regular basis
- Support teams to adapt to business process or technology change
- Ensure adherence to standards and policies used by Market Operations during periods of change
Qualifications and Background:
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in a business analyst role including requirements elicitation and definition, leading workshops, process mapping, scope definition, change management, data mapping, testing, implementation and user training
- Experience of working on projects in investment banking operations / back-office is desirable; with any of the following being useful experience / background
- OTC Confirmations systems
- Payments systems including SWIFT messaging
- AML / payments screening
- Onboarding / Know Your Customer (KYC) systems
- Margining / Collateral Management
- Business Process Management systems
- Training / experience working with process improvement techniques desirable (Lean / Six Sigma / DMAIC)
- Relevant post graduate / industry body qualifications desirable
Technical Specialist Skills:
- Ability to independently analyse complex processes / issues
- Strong problem solving and gap analysis skills, excellent eye for detail
- Demonstrate an understanding and adherence to risk management principles and technical standards
- Be confident in learning new financial products, businesses and operational processes
- Planning & Organizing:
- Ability to manage priorities and resources to effectively deal with changes in demand
- Flexibility to adapt to different project methodologies - agile / waterfall
Market Operations provides independent specialist verification, confirmation and settlement facilities for a variety of products and currencies for many of Macquarie's businesses globally. The division provides a key segregated control function for wholesale businesses built on strong operational risk management and control culture.The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Market Operations has over 700 staff with a presence in major international locations including Sydney, New York, Houston, London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Manila, Seoul and Japan. The Projects team has team members in Sydney, Hong Kong, Singapore, Manila, London and Houston.
For more information on this role or to apply, please email Josette.firstname.lastname@example.org or Apply Now.
Advertised: 23 Jan 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time